I started by throwing together this template. Then cut everything with a quarter inch margin. Using an iron with a little starch and a lot of steam, I pressed the edges under the door and window pieces. I hand appliqued the window and door. To make my life easier, I dabbed a glue stick on the back of the appliques to tack them onto the house. The very Blue's Clues looking black outlines with done with a simple backstitch using a craft thread. I turned the right sides together, then stitched them together leaving the bottom open. I turned it right side out then stitched the bottom shut.
It was a fun easy project and I did the hand stitching during my three hour wait at the doctor's office today for my bronchitis.
Let me know if you're interested in seeing some proper tutorials on this blog. I've got a new camera and I'm ready to use it.